Repel Reverse Folding Umbrella - Black
Forgo the need of buying yet another flimsy umbrella. Repel Easy Touch umbrellas are designed with you in mind, and built to ensure your protection and comfort in any weather condition. We’re not here to be just another throw-away umbrella. We’re here to last you a lifetime.
- REVERSE FOLD TECHNOLOGY – Featuring a unique reverse folding frame that allows you to easily enter and exit cars, doors, and other tight spaces without getting wet. The umbrella collapses inwards to trap any water droplets inside the canopy to prevent leakage.
- 8 TWIN LAYERED RIBS MADE OF REINFORCED FIBERGLASS- 8 double layered fiberglass ribs offer outstanding wind resistance, and are equipped with a fail-safe inversion technology that allows the entire frame to invert during extremely high gusts of winds to prevent the ribs from snapping.
- TEFLON COATING AND DOUBLE LAYERED CANOPY- The top layer is coated with Teflon protective coating that is waterproof causing rain to bead up and dries with just a few shakes of the umbrella. An additional layer is added to the underside of the canopy to protect the ribs from the elements, preventing rust.
- SELF STANDING! – When the umbrella is collapsed, it stands up on its own, protecting your precious canopy from dirty floors.
- LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE – You are protected for life from the rain, sleet and snow, through our lifetime replacement guarantee program. If anything at all goes wrong with your umbrella, we will send you a replacement absolutely free, no return required!
- Weighs approximately 1 pound 2 ounces
- The umbrella is 29" long
- The canopy is 44" (including arc) and the diameter is approximately 42"
Is this the repel umbrella that was featured on good morning america?
Yes, Repel Easy Touch was featured as the #1 umbrella on Good Morning America. The Wirecutter, an independent third-party, spent 50+ hours during four rounds of testing 33 different umbrellas. Repel surpassed the competition and was the featured umbrella.
How long have you had this umbrella for? Does it still work as well as when you first used it?
I got my Umbrella June 13th, so I have had it for about 2 1/2 months now. I live in Florida and we are in the middle of rainy season, so I have had MANY opportunity's to use it! I REALLY like this Umbrella! So happy that I got it! It works exactly the same as the day I got it! Its even made it through the use of my younger kids! They love pressing the button and jump at the chance to be allowed to use it when getting out of the car in the rain! HA!
What exactly does “lifetime warranty” mean? how do i sign up for the warranty program and what exactly does it cover.
Lifetime warranty means if you ever experience issues with your umbrella, then we will replace it for free. Just contact Repel directly by going to Amazon > Your account > Your Orders > Leave seller feedback > view seller profile > ask question. We will take care of you within 24 hours.
Would Mary Poppins buy this?
Indubitably. It's practically perfect in every way. One might even say it's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. At least, it will be that way until the wind shifts...
How well does it handle wind that gets underneath the canopy? I find that this is how all of my umbrellas have been damaged so far.
I took this out when we had our first big storm here in Mid-Michigan and had no issues with it turning or even bending out. Gusts were around 55 mph I was more worried about it taking off like a kite it was holding up so well.
How does the auto close feature work?
If I were to accurately "rename" the feature, it's a fold-the-umbrella-back feature then, like most [if not all] foldable umbrellas, you need to undo the extended stick/shaft by gripping on 1 end and pushing the tip with your palm. As far as the experience with opening and closing it, it has been seemless.
if you press the button by accident after it is already open, can you put it to reopen or have to push it back down to reload the springs?
You have to push it back down to reload the springs.